At Sodagar & Company, we efficiently provide all the services you need during the purchase, sale, or refinancing of residential and/or commercial property. We assist clients in their purchase and sales of detached homes, townhouses, condominiums and mobile homes. Our solicitors and conveyancers will guide you throughout the process. Our website has questionnaires relating to your sale, purchase or refinance. We assess your particular needs, explain any steps to completing your transaction, and draft and file all the required documents.
Our real estate law team is well versed in:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts of purchase and sale;
- Reviewing mortgage and/or financing terms;
- Reviewing title to the property; and
- Preparing all the necessary documents required to conclude the transaction.
We routinely advise clients on matters relating to title (including investigation and reporting on covenants, liens, judgments, easements, rights of way, permits, charges and other potential encumbrances or issues that affect title). We have experience in dealing with oil tank and contamination related issues.
Typically, with most conveyancing transactions, we provide the following services:
- Review of the signed contract of purchase and sale and, if applicable, mortgage instructions from a lender;
- Review of title to the property, investigating whether there are any mortgages, outstanding taxes, liens or other charges on the title that will affect the transaction;
- Drafting of the closing documents which include various documents relating to the purchase or sale and documents relating to any financing that is required. In addition, we also prepare documents for land title registration purposes such as Form A Transfers, Form B Mortgage, statements of adjustment, Property Transfer Tax returns and GST certificates (if applicable);
- Corresponding with all parties to the transaction (realtors, other parties counsel or notary, lenders);
- Meet with you to review all documents and obtain signatures;
- Close the transaction on the completion date and report to you.
At Sodagar & Company, we understand that for most, the sale or purchase of their home is the most significant investment that they will make. We, strive to make the conveyancing process as seamless as possible. Please contact us to see how we can be of service.