Your business formation is often the crucial first step towards starting and operating your successful business. At Sodagar & Company, we take the time to understand the nature of your business and help you achieve your objectives and goals. We provide strategic advice you help you in understanding the advantages and disadvantages of one type of business formation over another. There are several factors to consider when structuring your business. The common elements are liability issues, tax considerations, costs to establish, the number of partners or shareholders and profit distributions and loss allocations. We also provide assistance with business negotiations with involved parties on key terms and provisions of the various different business structures.
Our team offers competent legal guidance in structuring the following types of businesses:
- Sole proprietorships
- Partnerships (General, Limited and Limited Liability)
- Joint Ventures and Co-Ownerships
We provide ongoing support and advice to our business clients some of which includes:
- Attending to corporate name changes
- Applying for trade-marks
- Corporate restructuring and amalgamations
- Providing corporate policies, procedures and governance
- Maintaining corporate minute books and filing annual returns
- Drafting and maintaining employee & independent contractor contracts
- Acting as registered and records offices for corporations
- Dissolving Federal and Provincial (BC) companies
In addition, our expertise in corporate finance assists our clients’ in obtaining financing and understanding the nature and consequences of their terms and conditions. Our litigation team can also help our clients’ deal efficiently with disputes as they arise. Please contact us to see how we can be of service to your business.